• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

early termination withdrawn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the information in the thread, I have sent an email to the agency.

hope the agency stops bothering me.

Thanks for your support folks.

Al

Comment

The agent is probably on a guarantee so the might not get a commission for not fulfilling a contract, they will probably not get another chance, once the client finds out that they were trying to milk them for a higher rate behind your back.

With the agent/client giving you notice and then withdrawing it, it's a good choice you're going away from there.

Comment

Oh and well done for finding an alternative contract on terms you prefer so quickly

Comment

Originally posted by contractoralan View Post
          Hi all,

I started a 12 months contract in July. The contract notice period is 2 weeks. I was served 3 weeks notice on 22nd of November in writing. Luckily I have managed to find a better contract to start next week - better rate, closer to home etc. Signed the contract this morning.
          The agent on my current contract has called me to give the 'good' news - the client has withdrawn the notice. When I told him that I have got another contract and cannot continue, they threaten me to sue for loss of revenue, quoting I am in breach of the agreed contract.

Is the agent's argument reasonable, or more precisely, legal ? How should I approach this one?

I use my own limited , but contract is inside Ir35 - no substitution clause.

Thanks in advance for guidance.

Al

I thought ALL 3 main IR35 clauses should be absent from your contract for it to be trapped by IR35. There was a recent judgement (I think, you need to google) that had someone declared outside IR35 when they had just one of the 3 main clauses (Substitution, Mutuality and the Other One) in their contract.

Comment

Working...
          X