• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency 'Associate'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency 'Associate'

I received a call from an agency yesterday saying they would like me to sign up as an 'associate' of theirs, whereby they approach known potential hiring managers on my behalf and letting them know I am available and would they be interested. This is done before any roles would become live and open for advertising.

Fair enough I thought and listened on, the agent then proceeded to say I need to complete a form providing details of my last 3 references, which they would then pre-vet me with.

I haven't progressed with this as this sounds like an attempt to obtain contact details. Has anyone encountered the same as well and could this be genuine ?

tell em your LTD company and these engagements are through that channel, no refs, no silly agency games.

Couple agencies tried this with me and suprise suprise nowt comes of it.

Comment

An associate is another way of saying you're on their books, they can approach hiring managers, but not much will come of it, as for the references - fishing.

Some consultancies do operate on an associate basis, but you are pre-interviewed by them and they assemble a team to take on board projects, saves you having to interview again with the end client.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
      X