• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commute from London to Dundee ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    If you do a lot of flying, it's worth making the whole palaver as painless as possible. For me personally, BA is cheapest, usually the least hassle and offers the best choice of airport eateries en route. Lufthansa planes have more legroom and are generally less busy but cost a bit more. Easyjet cost about the same as BA to go via gatwick (bit more hassle than heathrow for me to get to) and it would need a lot more than a £30 saving to persuade me to go via stanstead and get home at gone 1am after two hours of knee squishing.
    Another hint if you fly a lot. Try to pick one airline for your flights and make sure you get the reward card. Regardless of what other people say, waggling your non-basic reward card at check-in while smiling and asking nicely is the most likely thing to get you a freebie seat upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
      Another hint if you fly a lot. Try to pick one airline for your flights and make sure you get the reward card. Regardless of what other people say, waggling your non-basic reward card at check-in while smiling and asking nicely is the most likely thing to get you a freebie seat upgrade.
      What is this "check-in" you speak of queueing up for in the vain hope of an upgrade?

Just fly on one of the low cost airlines, online check-in (skipping the queues) pay an extra fiver for priority boarding and you can bag an exit row or seat 1a-1c probably 80% of the time and failing that you can get a seat in the first few rows for a quick exit. Simples.

Try doing that on BA et al.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        Try doing that on BA et al.
        They all have online check-in too. In fact they let you choose your seat so that you don't have a frenzied scrummage to get the seat you want.

With the better airlines having a 31 or 32 inch seat pitch as opposed to easyjets 29" you don't really need an upgrade. The extra space also means you can avoid the exit rows and have a seat that reclines, and you can recline it without pissing the person behind you off. Throw in a couple of free beers and it's money well spent IMO. Especially when it's cheaper anyway
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          They all have online check-in too. In fact they let you choose your seat so that you don't have a frenzied scrummage to get the seat you want.

With the better airlines having a 31 or 32 inch seat pitch as opposed to easyjets 29" you don't really need an upgrade. The extra space also means you can avoid the exit rows and have a seat that reclines, and you can recline it without pissing the person behind you off. Throw in a couple of free beers and it's money well spent IMO. Especially when it's cheaper anyway
          Totally agree. I try to avoid Easyjet if I can as even buying a priority boarding pass doesn't always work out - one flight I was on had about 50 priority boarders! You're right in that the normal seats on BA have much more room than Easyjet flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            Simples.
            Please don't do that.

Boo

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies, the contract fell through in the end but the info is all stored for next time...

Boo

Comment

Working...
              X