• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSMP/Tier 1 no more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSMP/Tier 1 no more

UK Border Agency | Annual limit for Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa applications

Will it improve IT market?

Hm... is Tier 1 completely abolished now?

Comment

Been waiting for this for ages.

Whenever I try to recruit a programmer I get tons of HSMP CV's coming in and they are prepared for any salary. It was blatant abuse of the system rather than highly skilled people coming in.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Been waiting for this for ages.

Whenever I try to recruit a programmer I get tons of HSMP CV's coming in and they are prepared for any salary. It was blatant abuse of the system rather than highly skilled people coming in.
        Sorry to spoil your party, but it's only closed for new applications.

I would have been happier if the Tier 2 was reduced or closed rather than tier 1. Candidates in Tier 1 do more often demand equivalent packages as a local candidate and because they are not tied down to any clause with the company, most of the companies would have no incentive in hiring them apart from skills. Tier 2 on the other hand comfortably cuts down cost. You can bring a contractor from India for as little as £6k (pro rata for £24k pa) for a 3 months project, which would have cost the company £13k for a local contractor charging at £200 per day.

Comment

Working...
        X