• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halian Recruitment, Badenoch & Clark, Spring - anyone used them recently

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halian Recruitment, Badenoch & Clark, Spring - anyone used them recently

Hi,

Has anyone heard or used Halian Recruitment - if so, what did you think?

Halian - Linking people and technology.

What about Badenoch & Clark and Spring nowadays in terms of IR35 friendly contract, payments, etc.

Thanks.

Anyone?

Anyone?

I have had 2 of the agencies ring me about the same contract both wanting to put forward my CV.

Checking the job boards I see all 3 have the same role in Berks so any info on the 3 agencies would be appreciated.

Comment

Spring paid me on time, they use an online system called 'the contractor portal' where you can see your contract and accept or decline online, also enter timesheets and view invoices on there.

A few others use it too but not sure which ones.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Last time I saw a Badenoch & Clark contract I recall it being quite good in terms of the clauses, although of course it would still be useless if the working practices didn't match.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Thanks - just discovered that Halian are offering £80 to £130 per day less than the other two agencies for the same role.

One of their agents has rang me about it but, you know what, I think I will opt for one of the others instead.

Comment

A pointless reply really! But I've historically noticed, for my skill set at least, that B & C seem to offer low rates for the same role as other agencies have advertised. This has always put me off applying for a role through them.

Also, you used to have to go for an interview at B & C before they would offer you any roles, I don't know if this has changed or not. I went for one with them 10 years ago in Manchester, and they promised me the world and delivered nothing. Same as the Venn Group - another pointless agency exercise in wasting ones time!

2p worth...

Chris

Comment

I had a contract through Spring earlier this year, as a previous poster said everything is done online, through the contractor portal. My contract was IR35 friendly and they paid on time. I've no complaints.

Comment

My experience of B&C is one that tells me they come across as a bit elite and exclusive yet are the complete opposite!

Also as someone alluded to their rates are quite low which I assume means they take a big slice of the pie.

T***s!
                Permietractor (probably)

Comment

B & C seem to offer a lot of NHS roles in my area of expertise and ask for a huge list of previous NHS Legacy experience, and offer peanut rates...

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJames View Post
                    I had a contract through Spring earlier this year, as a previous poster said everything is done online, through the contractor portal. My contract was IR35 friendly and they paid on time. I've no complaints.
                    friendly - it must be a different contract to the one I've looked at in the recent past

Comment

Working...
                    X