• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV Cloned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Cloned

Hi,

Ive just had a call from a very helpful recruitment agent who'd found that someone had cloned my cv word for word, only altering contact details and placed it up on Jobsite.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Im guessing its a startup agency fishing for contacts.

Cheers

If it's true then unless you can find the person there is absolutely nothing you can do.

I did have problem in the past where a junior pimp copied one of the roles I had done word for word and placed it on the job boards as an advert. The idiot actually had spoke to me first about another role and gave the name he used on the advert. At the time the role was current so it was pretty detailed. I managed to get through to the pimp's manager and the adverts were swiftly removed.

Also I've spoken to a few contractors involved in hiring and have been involved in hiring myself. It's very common to get CVs and actually interview people with exactly the same job descriptions but different company names. Unfortunately some of these blaggers trip themselves up . Six degrees theory in action.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've seen two identical CVs submitted for the same job with different names.

They got both people in to see which one was for real and watch the other one squirm.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        I've seen two identical CVs submitted for the same job with different names.

They got both people in to see which one was for real and watch the other one squirm.
        I had a guy who cloned his twin brothers CV, and sent his twin to the interview. He got the job, started the role, and the client couldn't understand why the guy had none of the skills he had in his interview. It took 6 months of investigation, police, the lot to get to the bottom of it. Unfortunately, some things just can't be legislated for.....

SueEllen is right, you need to try and find out who it is, or who did it. If you can find that out, you can take all sorts of action.
        "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
        SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
          I had a guy who cloned his twin brothers CV, and sent his twin to the interview. He got the job, started the role, and the client couldn't understand why the guy had none of the skills he had in his interview. It took 6 months of investigation, police, the lot to get to the bottom of it. Unfortunately, some things just can't be legislated for.....

SueEllen is right, you need to try and find out who it is, or who did it. If you can find that out, you can take all sorts of action.
          That would be fraud then assuming that's a real tale.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            That would be fraud then assuming that's a real tale.
            Unfortunately, the client went down the route of "it's too much effort and expense to pursue" and without their backing, I wasn't about to take that financial risk either.

Why on earth would I make a story like that up?

Oh....hang on....you think agents aren't human beings.......you know we do sometimes go out of bull5hit mode? Some of us more than others.....
            "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
            SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Since they've altered the contact details, presumably to their own, it ought to be pretty easy to find out who did it ..?

Comment

Working...
              X