• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Find contracts in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find contracts in London

Anyone have a good suggestion on how to search contracts in different parts of London.

The reason I ask is that I live one hour south west of London which means that there are parts of London that are commutable (less than 2 hours) whereas for example north east part of London is to far (around 3 hours).

Typing in for example South West London on the major job sites returning usually everything in London.
    It would be good if they could split up London in various zones, perhaps there are sites where you can do this?

Afraid not, plus the agents would always get it wrong anyway even if they agreed to do it which they probably wouldn't for fear of giving away who the client is.

I've lost track of the number of times agents have thought I live close to places that're 2-3 hours drive in non rushour traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by ITContractorUK View Post
      Typing in for example South West London on the major job sites returning usually everything in London.
      It would be good if they could split up London in various zones, perhaps there are sites where you can do this?
      You're lucky it doesn't also get you the South-West and the South and South Africa and Western Samoa etc etc etc

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Afraid not, plus the agents would always get it wrong anyway even if they agreed to do it which they probably wouldn't for fear of giving away who the client is.

I've lost track of the number of times agents have thought I live close to places that're 2-3 hours drive in non rushour traffic.
      Spot-on there. I've often seen Region: UK, Location: Amsterdam and suchlike. The people who spam you with "excellent" oppportunities with not a single keyword in common with your CV that they claim to have read, are not going to help you out by fine-tuning the spec for location details.

If indeed they know their South from their elbow.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
      X