• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency payments, or not...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I am getting carried away. I have been without a contract for a while, and now got a good one, why should these agencies mess people about with payments. I have some financial commitments to catch up with, which I have under control, until things like this happen. It may well be an admin cock up, but not my doing. The agency had plenty of time to sort it out today, but simply wouldn't. Just said I have to sort it out, I did all I could between them and their client, both were blaming each other...
    So no I am not getting carried away, their processes need looking at between themselves so this doesn't happen again.
    Thanks
    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
      Oh yes, I'm sure it's just an admin cock up but there is nothing wrong with making your terms of business crystal clear to the agent and make sure they understand that you know your rights and will not be dicked around.
      Or you p1ss him off and destroy the relationship. Sort it out - its probably an admin issue. Don't let it get personal with the agent. If he's being evasive, and you need to back him into a corner with the email like someone suggested, that sounds a good way of hurrying it up. Don't bring in the heavy guns until you've tried the easy solution first.

Comment

Well they still have not paid, and are saying they are not paying me until they have the completed timesheet. I have sent them the links on the 2003 Regs, They still are adamant they wont pay until t/s is received. They say they have never done before and will not be doing so. Grr....

Comment

Well my agency have just told me regardless of the 2003 regs, there is an agreement between their client (where I am on site) and themselves that no contractors are to be paid until the timesheet is signed off, so they dont have to pay me until they have the signed timesheet atall. As it is still unsigned (I have spent hours chasing people HR, project managers in the US) they will still not be paying me.......
          Last edited by bobsp; 19 October 2010, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsp View Post
            Well my agency have just told me regardless of the 2003 regs, there is an agreement between their client (where I am on site) and themselves that no contractors are to be paid until the timesheet is signed off, so they dont have to pay me until they have the signed timesheet atall.
            Write to them thus:

"While My LTD is sympathetic to your difficulties in doing business with the client, My LTD's contract is with your agency and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 section 12(b) makes it clear that my invoices must be paid regardless of the existence of time sheets. Furthermore, My LTD has up to 6 years to enforce it's statutory rights under The Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 to claim penalties and interest (currently 8.5%) on late payments. My LTD will of course make every effort to assist your Agency in getting the timesheets verified, however the ultimate responsibility is with your Agency."
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              If you have an email from the project manager to the effect that he has authorised your hours, then you could supply it to the agency to shorten the process?
              WZS.

I really don't see what the fuss is about here.
              You really need to take uncertainty out of the equation by sending the damn approved timesheet to the agent yourself. I have always done it this way. I understand you say it is on a 'system', but this doesn't mean you can't hand write a supplementary timesheet, or even just summarise the days/hours worked in an email, and have your PM/manager reply to it saying one word "Approved".
              Forward this email to your agent, and they'll have to pay you.

Comment

I have tried the email route, they will not accept it, neither do they accept paper/signed timesheets. The only method they do accept is the online method supplied by Unanet. Whilst my PM agrees the days worked, the agency have an agreement with their client they can and must not make payments until the time is electrinica;lly signed off. The guys responsible are still looking into this….
                I will have to wait.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X