• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QuickBooks and ACT! applications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QuickBooks and ACT! applications

Anyone any experience of working with these applications? Anyone know what agencies and/or companies deal with these applications. Looking to provide information to a cousin of mine in order to help them get a contract role in this area.

Any leads/ideas or further information (e.g. current rates, availability of work, etc) would be appreciated

Thanks!

All I know is that ACT! is a Sage product, Quickbooks is by Quicken. Both very different products though.

I've always viewed Quickbooks as the more basic of the two packages, sort of the thing for basic book-keeping, whereas Sage is a bit more serious.

I trailled Sage (not ACT! though) recently and regretted it - the damn thing insinuated itself all over my system and took over an hour to properly get rid of it. Their uninstall just removes desktop and program icons. All the files, folders, registry settings, plug-ins to word, excel, and outlook all remain. Pretty cruddy if you ask me. Sorry, got side-tracked, that's not really going to answer your question!

Comment

Working...
    X