• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Transfer delays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Transfer delays

Hi Guys,

I have been trying transferring my SC from one client to another. After 2 months also nothing happened, same time guys who applied for new SC with my transfer application already got it...!

Is there any way my previous company can stop SC transfer..? Or even cancel it..? They weren't happy to see me leaving..What can stop/delay SC transfer..? How can I speed up transfer process..?

Darren

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    How can I speed up transfer process..?
    I don't think there is anything you can do. It took over 6 months to transfer my SC from one sponsor to another.... yet I know people who got DV cleared from scratch in half that time....

Comment

Good to see a post on this subject. I thought it was just me.

My SC was with BigCo last year. I left (contract ended, on good terms). I did a short gig early this year with EvenBiggerGovDept, who were advised of the necessary details to perform transfer. That contract was renewed to 4 months in all. I had assumed the clearance would have been transferred.

A few weeks after leaving EvenBiggerGovDept an agent called about a new gig. So I gave him EvenBiggerGovDept as the location of my clearance. He went off to check my clearance, and came back to say it wasn't with them. He had checked and it was still with BigCo.

I wouldn't mind so much about that situation, but with contractors the clearance automatically times out after 12 months of non-use. Which means I had 6 months of clearance "lost" because the bozo's couldn't do simple administration. I am facing the very real prospect of losing my clearance due to this situation.

Am currently held up on starting a contract which requires clearance, because the agency can't find where it is being held. DVA seem to be offline, their phones were down last week when I tried to call them. And I note from their web site that they have recently introduced a new system to replace the old one - so that might explain why the clearance system is broken at the moment.

Comment

Working...
      X