• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where now????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where now????

Hi, Been contracting as 2nd/3rd line for around 4 years and looking to progress as i feel i have become stuck in a rut now.

i have been working in nhs/councils and current contract (18ph in north east) is just a monthly rolling but now im not too confident it will be extended for much longer, given the cuts that are due in public sector.

just looking to see what would be best now. been looking at doing mcse but not sure if this will move me forward really.

any advice???? cheers

Originally posted by SPURSN17 View Post
    Hi, Been contracting as 2nd/3rd line for around 4 years and looking to progress as i feel i have become stuck in a rut now.

i have been working in nhs/councils and current contract (18ph in north east) is just a monthly rolling but now im not too confident it will be extended for much longer, given the cuts that are due in public sector.

just looking to see what would be best now. been looking at doing mcse but not sure if this will move me forward really.

any advice???? cheers
    If you start pitching for contracts in a field you have limited/no experience in, due to how the market is, you will struggle as you will be up against more experienced individuals.

Start looking for a permie job doing what you are doing now.

Once in, research an internal career path and try to progress from there.

After a couple of years, the market 'should' have improved and you should have more options available to you.

Comment

Would it not be better to do MCITP than MCSE right now? I know a lot of companies are still on Server 2003, but I'd certainly consider doing MCITP in your situation.

Clippy's advice is spot on fwiw.

Comment

Working...
      X