• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

two agencies, two different roles, same client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two agencies, two different roles, same client

HI All

what are you views on this scenario.

agency X puts me forward for role A at clientco for bigprojectx and i am waiting to hear back about an interview

Agency Y calls me the next day and say they want to put me forward for role B (different role) at clientco for same bigprojectx.

I am capable of doing either role and am equally interested in both of them (same rate etc) but i am reluctant to be put forward for the second role by Agency Y to the same clientco in case it impacts chance of interview on the first role etc.

Note: this is not a two agency same role scenario

Thoughts?

Originally posted by stuker View Post
    HI All

what are you views on this scenario.

agency X puts me forward for role A at clientco for bigprojectx and i am waiting to hear back about an interview

Agency Y calls me the next day and say they want to put me forward for role B (different role) at clientco for same bigprojectx.

I am capable of doing either role and am equally interested in both of them (same rate etc) but i am reluctant to be put forward for the second role by Agency Y to the same clientco in case it impacts chance of interview on the first role etc.

Note: this is not a two agency same role scenario

Thoughts?
    My view is that your agency only puts you forward 'per role' not per company.

So I would have no issue going through two different agencies, as each role should be treated seperately.

Comment

If I was in that situation, I'd probably be calling the client and asking them what to do.

Comment

thanks

thanks for the responses. The agent for role B says he has spoken to the client and that they treat applications for different roles from the same candidate as entirely separate cases so theoretically there should not be an issue being put forward for both. I am , however, still reluctant to be put forward fror the second role until i have heard back on the first mainly because they are on the same project and i suspect the interviewer may be the same person/s. If i get an interview for the first role i may have the opportunity to discuss both roles with the person without him having to see two slightly different version of my cv beforehand.

Comment

The agent for role B says he has spoken to the client and that they treat applications for different roles from the same candidate as entirely separate cases so theoretically there should not be an issue being put forward for both.
          hmmmmmmmmmmmm. That is convenient for him. The agent for role A might take a slightly different view.

Mentioning it at interview (if it materializes) is probably a good enough plan. for contractors, the idea of a "role" often doesn't make a huge amount of sense anyway, and they'll be interested in using the skills you can bring to the project in whatever way they can.

Comment

Just go for both of them and let the client make the decision on which role/agency fits best. Clients get all sorts of stuff happen when recruiting people, so don't sweat it.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Same Client but maybe different interviewers

Which role based on your experience do have a better chance of winning the contract?
              Which role would end up being better on your CV?

There maybe a chance that the interviewer is totally unaware
              that another position is being advertised which doesnt sound like a well organised client. If so is this where you want to end up working?

Comment

Working...
              X