• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Venture Contacts North West - Work sharing Partnership Tendering.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Venture Contacts North West - Work sharing Partnership Tendering.

I recently setup as a sole trader this year offering small business consultancy across Lancashire and Merseyside. This was due to the downturn in the contract market.

Its going ok but hey making 1K a month is pretty hard work due to finding customers and getting established and also its paying somewhat less than usual contract rate I became accustomed too. (4-5k monthly)

What I am looking for is any one north west based who predominantly has workied with small businesses exchange sbs etc who would like to chat meet up to see there is any potential to maybe do some work together - ie tendering or direct to customers in Liverpool Manchester etc North West region.

Any advise appreciated or tips on how to bring in more work from the small business sector would be greatly appreciated.

John A
    mcp vcp cca ccna
    AllerTech Computer Services for Small Business

You are to be commended for taking the initiative.

Suggestions for finding more business:

1) Contact your local Chamber of Commerce to see when their next meeting is - can be a good way to network with small local businesses.

2) Contact local suppliers who offer complementary services to yourself and agree a mutually convenient referral agreement for any business generated.
    e.g. A local web developer may have a client who also needs IT Support.

3) Check Meetup.com for any local business group meetings in your area

4) Widen your geographic area as a lot of IT Support can now be done remotely

Also, if I may, your website comes across as quite dry and a little confusing as it is not clear who it is aimed at - business or home users.

Take a look at the Geek Squads website and try and pick up tips from them.

For example, why do you have your CV on your business website?

Most people who may/will use your services couldn't give a monkeys about your work history.

Anyway, good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
    X