• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eve sagar technologies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eve sagar technologies

I receive a few messages from this agency in my Linkedin in box for Contract work
    Why do all their consultants have a degree at an Indian University but have
    English names? Most of the British Indians or other Indians that I normally deal with
    have Indian Names

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    I receive a few messages from this agency in my Linkedin in box for Contract work
    English names? Most of the British Indians or other Indians that I normally deal with
    have Indian Names
    "Hello. My name is James and I am to be phoning you todays from London.."

"Really? What's the weather like - as I'm in London and looking out the window right now..."

James normally begins to stumble at that point, desperately trying to find a whether report on the Internet to read back to me. From India.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
      have Indian Names
      Next time say / ask "Millionaire?". If they respond "No. Slumdog". Then you can ask if they know Bob.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Its well known ever since offshore call centres started that the o/s staff adapt English names and pretend to be in the UK. This generally is the company policy of their employer, so they dont have a choice. There was even a BBC documentary about it. Their training incorporates UK TV pgms, culture, small talk, etc.

A ploy is to ask - Are you calling from Delhi or Bangalore?

Comment

Working...
        X