• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Derivatives C# 750 pd City...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    Then when I get to the desk on my first day I realise everything is hacked together with string and falling apart...
    Yep, that's the modern, cut-n-thrust world of Banking I.T.

Still, it pays the bills (especially at a time when no other industry in this country seems capable of doing so).
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Look test

Quite often banking IT is a look test - but you can get in if you have a 1st in Maths or you are an encyclopeadiac guru.

Money is good but I'm not sure why. I know someone who was on monopoly money doing the same C program for 15 years. Now he is on the bench he cant find work.

The clever boys (because they usually are boys) are really dumb considering the amount mummy spent on schooling.
      Last edited by contractorcontractor; 26 July 2010, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        Still, it pays the bills (especially at a time when no other industry in this country seems capable of doing so).
        Yes, thank goodness for all that taxpayer's bailout money.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
          Yes, thank goodness for all that taxpayer's bailout money.
          I consider my last 4 contracts - all Banking related - to be a tax reclamation scheme. I thank you for your contribution.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

On a lower scale I managed to 'break into' the financial market through having worked on a billing migration project for a big Telco.

CreditCardCo offered me interview/role simply because pimp had filtered me for having finance on my CV. I declined due to last minute extension from current ClientCo, but it was a bit of a milestone reached and I felt a bit chuffed
            Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Working...
            X