• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noob contractor questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billyray View Post
    Do you have businesses/income on the side to subsidize the lean periods, or just rely on "contracting" savings?
    Just rely on "contracting" savings. Mind you, I'm just about to start my 22nd year of contracting, so there's a few gold bars buried in the back garden by now. Plus I'm too old/lazy/ambivalent to do any thing else; my brain is now hard-wired to do IT until I expire (or Bob Injun and his mates get me!)

And anyhow, my time between contracts is fully occupied, hanging around here arguing with the other old-timers (shakes walking stick at all of them...)
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

WTAS
      Anyone jumping into this contract market is very brave, I would only advise people with very hot skills (that can’t be off-shored), preferably a contract in the bag, with v. low current expenses, no dependants, 6 months cash in the bank and preferably who is being made redundant anyway to consider it !
      I am stuck in, can’t really do anything else, just trying to squeeze a few more years out of it.
      Still – good luck..

Comment

Working...
      X