• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Returned to the darkside and it's doing my head in!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Given the dearth of contracts recently, and the wish to get back on the housing ladder (and needing a small mortgage) I took a permie *cough* *spit* role a few weeks back.

It's doing my head in already....

CV is flying but there's really not a lot of gigs out there at the moment it appears.

I'm trying really really hard to resist the temptation to just leave anyway and enjoy the summer - trying to stick it out long enough to find the right house and get the mortgage signed off. But every day it's getting harder to get up and drive in.
    Stick it out until you have your credit rating in order and your mortgage sorted(and you dont plan to move)

I cynically did it a few years back and stayed perm for another 2.5 years!!! But it was worth it.

Just make sure you have everything in place before jumping.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
    X