• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Hours - What To Claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Hours - What To Claim

I have just completed a software installation weekend where I have worked onsite for total of 24 hours.

My contract does not state anything about weekend working / rate and weekly hours are m-f 7.5 hours a day. How should I approach client co in terms of what I feel I should be entitled to ? 24 hours equates to 3 days - should I claim for 3 days worth time or time *1.5 or something else ? Not too sure.

Wouldn't it have been better to discuss this with the client before the weekend?

Seriously, if you haven't negotiated payment for it before you do the work, then the client could say they expected you to do it for free....
    Still Invoicing

Comment

WBJS - Really mate - you should've agreed it up front...... (sure nothing mentioned in Contract?)

How is your relationship with Client.... Hopefully pretty good if you've just done 24hrs "vital" work for them!

What was your expectation Time x 2, Time+1/2, just time...... drop Client a quick EMail and "confirm" you will be billing 24hrs @ "whatever" and then get your invoice in quick......

but seriously - learn from this and agree it in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        Wouldn't it have been better to discuss this with the client before the weekend?

Seriously, if you haven't negotiated payment for it before you do the work, then the client could say they expected you to do it for free....
        Yes I did raise it and clientco were going to discuss with the agency - however i) I did not realise I would be required to work so many hours and ii) I didn't want to come across as being unprofessional by keeping chasing.

Maybe I should have but I didn't, hence the question of how best to play this now.

Comment

That be permie talk there boy! If you didnt negotiate it before.

3 Days pay , or three days in leiu.

There aint nothing special about weekends, bank holidays, birthdays or Xmas. You work day, you get paid day.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            That be permie talk there boy! If you didnt negotiate it before.

at least 3 Days pay , or three days in leiu.

There aint nothing special about weekends, bank holidays, birthdays or Xmas. You work day, you get paid day.
            There ain't no such things as "in leiu" - You work you get paid.......
            I have no problem with "premium" rate for "outside contracted" hours.....

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              There ain't no such things as "in leiu" - You work you get paid.......
              Your right. Sorry my bad.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hmmmm leiu rhymes with loo.

Loo is another name for toilet or bog or s**tter.

Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Working...
                X