• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To renew or not to renew

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icarus View Post
    Six months ago I asked for advice on whether I should renew my London-based .NET dev contract or hold out for something better (the rate is some 15% less than what I was getting in 2008). The answers I received back then were very helpful and now another six month renewal is on offer, so I will push my luck and ask the same question again.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    What area? Banking? Rates are much higher this year than last. My new gig is paying over 10% more than my last gig (and the rate there wasn't too shabby.) IB rates at the moment are rising fast. Outside of IB, I've no idea; try Jobserve as a guide. Still, if you are happy where you are and the rate isn't a million miles away from market, just renew. I'd happily take a six-month'er and see what post-election cutbacks await us at the moment.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
    X