• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BSkyB contract experience?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm based in the Brick Lane office and I love it! Been here for more than 2 years (with one short break).

The working environment is excellent (XP all the way), the people very smart, the local restaurants excellent.

Bit of a pain to get to though as its end of the Met line and I live on the Uxbridge branch.

I work in software development btw.

R

Comment

Im working with someone who just came from BSkyB and he had been there two years or so and he seemed to like it.

Comment

Currently there - so far it is good - work is interesting, people are OK, plenty of cash around (no scrimping on projects), facilities good (if you are on a main site) and there are plenty of people here who are on their second stint so if it were that bad, they wouldn't have come back.

What site is it?

But hey - who cares? It is a contract, only for a short time and if it really sucks, you can leave.

Al.
        Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
          Currently there - so far it is good - work is interesting, people are OK, plenty of cash around (no scrimping on projects), facilities good (if you are on a main site) and there are plenty of people here who are on their second stint so if it were that bad, they wouldn't have come back.

What site is it?

But hey - who cares? It is a contract, only for a short time and if it really sucks, you can leave.

Al.
          Just make sure you don't get on the wrong side if the IS Security Team.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by secontrator View Post
            pros & cons plz?

3mnths good rate....
            Very good place to work (Although Livingstone is not so great). If you get aligned to revenue generating programmes then you'll have a good run.

Comment

I've been with Sky in Brentford since April. It's my first contract so I don't have a point of comparison but I've been very happy. Facilities are very good and I've just come back from a coffee break at a subsidised Costa which is really cheap.

As someone else said there is a bit of an Agile / Scrum religious devotion, but in the circles where I've been moving, there's very little stress or pressure. And moving from a perm job managing 12 developers with an evil PHB, to a sysadmin contract on effectively 4x the pay, makes me a very happy man indeed :-) If you come here I might even stand you a drink at The Lord Nelson !

Comment

Originally posted by secontrator View Post
                pros & cons plz?

3mnths good rate....
                Yeah they give you a cheap rate to get you signed up. They show the same films all the time, and the channels are full of adverts. Better than BBC though.

lol

Comment

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but have you all come via an agency or is it possible to apply directly?
                  If so how does one find out whom to get in touch with?

Comment

Working...
                  X