• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switching to security testing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
    I started off many years ago doing security testing. My original contracts were 5 - 10 days at a time where larger security companies had taken on to much work. Most of it was work from home as well.

CEH is ok, but if you want to get into some hard core exploit building I would suggest doing a SANS Course. To get a good insight I would also suggest going to one of these events. Also, to get an idea of what is ahppening in the market try Infosec. Its free to attend of you register before the day. I normally attend all 3 days.

From reading your posts I feel that you could also be quite good at the forensics side of security testing.

Hope that helps.
    Thx,

Good information here. Yes, forensic work looks interesting; I learnt about forensic engineering during my PGDip and I really enjoy the ‘what went wrong’ and ‘has something gone wrong’ type of investigations, tracing things back to root causes etc.

I shall look into these courses.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
    X