• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After phone interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After phone interview

my cv brings me a lot of callbacks permie/contract, guess due to big IT vendor on it.

However I am bad at interview. Indeed:

1) got 2 interviews with a sw vendor, but no offer
    2) 5 spec containing job id for 4 banks, recruiter has passed forward at least 3
    3) got a lot of calls from recruiters who say they will pass it forward but just a 1% give me the job spec/id

I guess I am bad at questions like:

How many interviews did you do? How they went? If I am willing to .... and basically they don't talk about the position posted.

I feel that if I say the truth they will just keep doing what others have done --> no fwd. Is better to tell some bulltulip story I guess, like I am interviewing with several banks

Often they say they will put cv fwd but they say they don't work with spec or/and will email i, sometime they just give me the name.

Should I assume no spec == no fwd?

Sometime the call back after 30mins asking details about the other positions. And this is fishing ... and means also they burned my cv.

Can someone provide a proper way/step by step to act with these dickheads. I was used to interact with ppl having real tech needs not ppl like this.

with sadness,
    jj

sadly, nepotism is probably your only chance.
    Last edited by DS23; 12 March 2010, 13:57. Reason: h

Comment

Originally posted by frankjj View Post
      I guess I am bad at questions like:

How many interviews did you do? How they went? If I am willing to .... and basically they don't talk about the position posted.
      Typical questions that agents ask that you need to learn how to deal with.

1. How long have you been looking?
      • Not too long, to be honest. I've been having a bit of a break, so only started looking recently
      • (Working on the theory that I stop at night and start in the morning again) I only started looking today

2. And how are you finding the market?
      • It seems to be picking up a bit at the moment - I've had a few contacts since I started looking
      • You tell me, you're the agent!
      • Reasonable - it seemed quieter the last time I was looking

3. Have you got anything concrete at the moment?
      • I've spoken to a few agents about a couple of roles, but haven't got anything lined up for definite

4. And who are they with, just so that I don't send your CV over as a duplicate?
      • Sorry, the agency has asked me to sign a non-disclosure agreement
      • I'm not going to give away those names - I'm sure you wouldn't want me disclosing your client list to other agencies, would you?

5. And have you had any interviews recently?
      • No - as I said, I only started looking this morning

I also suggest you read this thread about dealing with agents fishing for details - there are some good tips in there.

Best of luck,

FAQQ
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

and that is cuk in a nutshell. the good, the bad and the ugly. not necessarily in that order.

Comment

I hope your CV is written better than your post, I had problems understanding it.

There is lots of very good advice here, have a real good look around - also what FaQQer said is spot on.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
          X