• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC again!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC again!!!

SC Cleared Test Analyst (Security cleared/Windows/VModel) [This job has been advertised by a member of REC]
    Contract

SC Cleared Test Analyst (SC cleared/Windows/VModel) required for a 6mth contract based in Cheshire working for a high profile government client,

My client requires a Security cleared resource is required to test some of the existing iterations of the products and solutions that are in development, needs a variety of skills, listed below.

Essential Skills:
    * Application/Software Testing Skills
    * Strong functional testing knowledge, acceptance testing skills
    * Windows Operating Systems (XP, W2K3, Vista, W2K8, W2K8 R2, Server Core, Windows 7)
    * Test planning
    * SC Cleared
    * Strong V Model - Appreciation of different software development lifecycles - from waterfall to agile methods.

Desirable Skills:
    * Knowledge of Windows Server roles such as Active Directory, Certificate Authorities, DNS and Terminal Services.
    * Citrix knowledge
    * Linux knowledge
    * HP Quality Center, LoadRunner and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System
    * Fitnesse or Selenium
    * Smart card infrastructures

Rullion Computer Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
    Location Cheshire
    Country UK
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 6 Months
    Rate £38 - £39 per hour
    Employment Business Rullion Computer Personnel
    Contact Alex Taylor
    Telephone 0161 601 3352
    Reference JS-4255619/AT
    Posted Date 09/03/2010 15:46:03

And its not an immediate start!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Screenshot the advert / print to PDF and complain to the Cabinet Office:

[email protected]
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sorry, maybe I'm tired, but where does it say it is not an immediate start? ASAP/Immediate= same thing?

I saw a testing position advertised the other day with a start of 3/4 weeks time and yes they did invite invitations from non-SC people.

I'm sure some agencies will not abide by 'the rules' but you can't blame them, they think those with SC clearance will have a better chance of landing the position. It's up to client co to ensure they feed the right info to agencies. If client co makes it clear they want to recruit on skills/experience etc and have no immiediate requirement and therefore will not employ based on prior SC clearance I think all agencies would keep to the rules.

in fact here's one, although rate is not great, it would at least provide you with the holy grail some seem to think it is
      http://www.jobserve.co.uk/SC-Cleared...BEC8F132.jsjob
      Last edited by SuperZ; 9 March 2010, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
        in fact here's one, although rate is not great, it would at least provide you with the holy grail some seem to think it is
        Not great? I wouldnt get out of bed and have a pee for that.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          Not great? I wouldnt get out of bed and have a pee for that.
          Me either but for those looking to get SC cleared or some government project experience it may be worth a look........although they may regret it later (when they either become bored out of their mind or just can't cope with the civvie service way)

Comment

Would you be happy if it said on the ad that non cleared people will be considered, because even if it did the chances are you still wouldn't go forward, because when the sun sets the client is king!

I know of clients who don't want CV's from women, other don't want men, others said being gay might make them fit in better, other clients don't want CV's from people with double barrelled names!!!! but you would would never see any of that in the advert.

Point is, even if it says it in the ad, it's the clients mindset that needs to change and that is happening any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              SC Cleared Test Analyst (Security cleared/Windows/VModel) [This job has been advertised by a member of REC]
              Contract

SC Cleared Test Analyst (SC cleared/Windows/VModel) required for a 6mth contract based in Cheshire working for a high profile government client,

My client requires a Security cleared resource is required to test some of the existing iterations of the products and solutions that are in development, needs a variety of skills, listed below.

Essential Skills:
              * Application/Software Testing Skills
              * Strong functional testing knowledge, acceptance testing skills
              * Windows Operating Systems (XP, W2K3, Vista, W2K8, W2K8 R2, Server Core, Windows 7)
              * Test planning
              * SC Cleared
              * Strong V Model - Appreciation of different software development lifecycles - from waterfall to agile methods.

Desirable Skills:
              * Knowledge of Windows Server roles such as Active Directory, Certificate Authorities, DNS and Terminal Services.
              * Citrix knowledge
              * Linux knowledge
              * HP Quality Center, LoadRunner and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System
              * Fitnesse or Selenium
              * Smart card infrastructures

Rullion Computer Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
              Location Cheshire
              Country UK
              Start Date ASAP
              Duration 6 Months
              Rate £38 - £39 per hour
              Employment Business Rullion Computer Personnel
              Contact Alex Taylor
              Telephone 0161 601 3352
              Reference JS-4255619/AT
              Posted Date 09/03/2010 15:46:03

And its not an immediate start!

Asking for SC when not really relevant is another way of filtering candidates. You should know this trick by now Bolshie. If you are not SC, forget it and move on.

Comment

Working...
              X