• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New skill, again..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Desktop virtualisation - VMware, Oracle VM etc.
    FTFY
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sun VDI is now called Oracle VDI I think. Oracle VM is their server virtualization product.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Sun VDI is now called Oracle VDI I think. Oracle VM is their server virtualization product.
        Yep - different animals, tho related.

As I work in the Sun world I'm gonna have to get used to this Oracle thing....

Comment

Originally posted by rz6bm7 View Post
          Which is best choice for updating training - for infrastructure roles
          1 Microsoft
          2 Linux
          3 Don't bother, PM DA for a interesting offshore coding role

All gone overseas for plenty cheapness. Gave up on Infrastructure work two years ago, after it gave up on me. Gone back to "code jockey" in an IB; pays twice as much money and involves zero out-of-hours support or nagging PM's (help!!!!! my system's gone down!!!)
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            All gone overseas for plenty cheapness. Gave up on Infrastructure work two years ago, after it gave up on me. Gone back to "code jockey" in an IB; pays twice as much money and involves zero out-of-hours support or nagging PM's (help!!!!! my system's gone down!!!)
            See I am more inclined to believe that organisations are only to happy to farm out their coding, but once you have your shiny new/ported app (for £5) that in these security aware times companies might be more willing to pay a premium to host your own infrastructure in line of site? -and failing that have the nessacery skills for the potential grid wave coming??...

Comment

Working...
            X