• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency 'Account Manager'!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency 'Account Manager'!

WTF. Pisses me off no end when agent calls you bout a role you've applied for and how you see yourself fitting in, experience blah, blah, blah.

You spend 10 minutes on the phone then it turns out you're just yapping to a drone and they'll pass your details to the 'account manager.'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH HH!

Why not get the ******* 'account manager' to speak to me instead (yes I know the drone is supposed to be a filter but they are phoning me!) It wasnt a phishing exercise either cos they didnt ask for references or stuff about current \ previous client.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

and whenever an agent says they'll "put me forward" I always clarify whether they're putting me forward to the account manager or the actual end client - if you're not careful you can miss the opportunity to go via another agent.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadOfTesting View Post
      and whenever an agent says they'll "put me forward" I always clarify whether they're putting me forward to the account manager or the actual end client - if you're not careful you can miss the opportunity to go via another agent.
      Too right.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        WTF. Pisses me off no end when agent calls you bout a role you've applied for and how you see yourself fitting in, experience blah, blah, blah.

You spend 10 minutes on the phone then it turns out you're just yapping to a drone and they'll pass your details to the 'account manager.'

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH HH!

Why not get the ******* 'account manager' to speak to me instead (yes I know the drone is supposed to be a filter but they are phoning me!) It wasnt a phishing exercise either cos they didnt ask for references or stuff about current \ previous client.
        +1,000,000

Mind you, it doesn't take me more than a couple of minutes - if that - to spot I'm talking to a drone now. So I simply ask them to "get someone in charge" to phone me back.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
        X