• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last gig end date....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Good tip. I'll nick that thanks!

IMO any client that is going to get picky over 2+ month gaps in your CV is probably a stinker. File in the same category as the dreaded double interviewers.
    If a pimp is halfway decent they won't question small gaps such as a couple of months.

The amounting of faffing I've had to put up with from clientcos to get stuff signed off or to arrange interviews, it does take time, so you can often waste a few weeks getting a decision out of people.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      Good tip. I'll nick that thanks!
      You're welcome - the invoice is in the post
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        I follow the excellent tip that was given on this very site: I don't put the month on my cv any more, just the year. And if I'd finished a contract in Dec. 2009, I' just list it on my cv as 2010 - as that's effectively when I'd be looking around for work again - i.e. in the New Year. Problem solved.
        I've just revamped my CV on jobserve to do exactly that - ta!
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X