• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange Agency Behaviour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Agency Behaviour

Got a call this yesterday AM for a role in Geneva. "Not interested" I told the agent.

"What if the role was in London?"

I told him I would be then interested. He said he would find out from the client and get back to me.

Later that day I say his advert for the role on Jobswerve stating that the location was London.

Intrigued, I called him up.

Me: "So you confirmed with the client that the role is in London as per your advert?"

Him: "No, its in Geneva"

Me: "Why the false info on your advert?"

Him: "You think if I put Geneva anyone would respond?"

I put down the phone!

ahh the classic "it's based in London with some time spent in Geneva"

which turns into "the client thinks you're ideal for the job but has decided to base the role out of Geneva but hopefully you can work some time in London

which ends up as "the role is mainly based in Geneva"
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Name and Shame
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Haha i applied for a role that was specified as CBD. Turned out that not only was the rate misquoted, the role was out west (think applying for a City based role and finding out it's in Watford) and even after i got accepted for the role it got canned the day before I started.

So, rate was over-quoted, location was incorrect, and after all the hassle of getting out there for a (successful) interview, the role didn't even exist!

Job is still on SEEK with incorrect information...

Comment

I've had similar.

I saw a job on CWjobs that pretty much fitted my experience / skills and job aspirations to a tee. It was advertised with location London.

I submitted my CV online and the agent called me 20 minutes later. Started off saying how he liked my CV I looked good for this role etc. etc.

Then he paused and said "err.. you are aware its located in Cambridge?"
          "No I wasn't, it says london in the advert."
          "Well I put london because if you live in north london the commute isn't too bad"
          "I'm in south london.."
          Last edited by tommyc; 22 February 2010, 11:42.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyc View Post
            I've had similar.

I saw a job on CWjobs that pretty much fitted my experience / skills and job aspirations to a tee. It was advertised with location London.

I submitted my CV online and the agent called me 20 minutes later. Started off saying how he liked my CV I looked good for this role etc. etc.

Then he paused and said "err.. you are aware its located in Cambridge?"
            "No I wasn't, it says london in the advert."
            "Well I put london because if you live in north london the commute isn't too bad"
            "I'm in south london.."
            Priceless

Comment

Working...
            X