• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

220 day contract in Belgium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

220 day contract in Belgium

I have seen several posts on this in the past and need specific advise.

My contract is for 220 days. I am the director of my own limited company, with the joint director being my wife. The agency I will be invoicing is a UK company too.

What I wish to know in advance before signing the contract is - is it legit to do in Belgium - what I have been doing here in the UK? i.e. Send myself through my company and pay myself a nominal UK wage and then pay myself through company dividends? I

I desperately need some advise! I have read Nordic's previous posts, and would be grateful for some advice from him personally please! I think I cannot PM, till I have 10 posts (thats what I read from other threads here).

There's absolutely no reason why you can't continue to pay yourself in Britain for work done in any other country.

I've done it *many* times.

Comment

Originally posted by zemoxyl View Post
      There's absolutely no reason why you can't continue to pay yourself in Britain for work done in any other country.

I've done it *many* times.
      If going through an agent; make sure that they will pay into your UK Ltd Co.
      The Paddy tactic is not to register as a resident, commute from the UK (go home at week-ends) and stay in hotels (preferably not the same one for the duration. If you can’t do the aforementioned then refer to excellent Belgium sticky thread in CUK.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
      X