• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BC-SC Clearance Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC-SC Clearance Question

Hi Folks

I've secured a Security Cleared role, client A has started Basic Clearance process. Will do SC transfer once I'm onsite. Contract papers not signed yet, of course. Meanwhile got another interview for an more lucrative SC role with Client B (closer to home). Will it be OK to take the role B if i get it even as first client is processed my BC ? . Again Client B will do BC again I suppose. I think BC is company specific process, please correct me if I'm wrong

Advice appreciated

Thanks

C

PS I'm SC cleared.

Yes, each company will do a BC check which can take 1-2 weeks or even longer sometimes, depends on how many referrees and how quickly they return the forms.

Go to the second interview and take it from there. But yes they will do another BC check, which of course might make your referees lose patience and not reutnr the forms :

Changing clients after short contracts can be a PITA if BC needs to be done again for next role.

Actually, not all clients will require a BC to be done if you already have SC. I think all private sector clients(working on government project) might however.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 3 February 2010, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
      Yes, each company will do a BC check which can take 1-2 weeks or even longer sometimes, depends on how many referrees and how quickly they return the forms.
      Just to clarify on this, you mean BC is done by the employer itself not any vetting agency..?? Also process is mail some standard forms to the referees and get filled back from them..?

I have given 2 references each for last 3 years, will they send same form to all 6 references and expected them to send it back..? For some of the names given already changed their company & not sure their mail accounts may bounce. For couple of them I have given their personal email IDs & for one I gave only mobile number. So if they donot get responses from all references back will I fail in BC by default..?

Please clarify...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        Just to clarify on this, you mean BC is done by the employer itself not any vetting agency..?? Also process is mail some standard forms to the referees and get filled back from them..?

I have given 2 references each for last 3 years, will they send same form to all 6 references and expected them to send it back..? For some of the names given already changed their company & not sure their mail accounts may bounce. For couple of them I have given their personal email IDs & for one I gave only mobile number. So if they donot get responses from all references back will I fail in BC by default..?

Please clarify...
        Think it might be the company who does the BC or it might vary.
        No you will not fail by default, but the process will take longer if referees take a while to return the forms. You might be able to give alternative referees.

Comment

Working...
        X