• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Functional Tester needed ideally with EBIZ skills……F

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Functional Tester needed ideally with EBIZ skills……F

Just on the off-chance this may fit somebody on this board, or if you are aware of someone on the bench.

Long story, but, we have interviewed a few people who have not cut the mustard.

Needing a decent functional tester, Oracle skills a must, ideally Ebiz flavour……

Integration testing, for retail.

West Yorkshire.

PM me if you are interested, immediate start if PM agrees to the CV and a telephone chat……….

i'm surprised you haven't found anyone. using the wrong agencies perhaps?

Comment

why does a tester need oracle skills - do they have to write SQL? If so then its not functional testing shirley?

or do you mean Oracle Apps?
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

What MP said. Look for a decent tester IMO rather than looking for the exact skills. A good tester would pick up enough of the Oracle stuff to get by with very quickly.

When I was testing I used to hate the crappy fickle job specs. I remember being turned down once because I hadn't used Test Director but had used other very similar products. Test Director, a tool I later picked up in <30 mins when I started my next contract. Sometiems, despite showing brilliant client history, loads of varied skills, a client will still pick someone else just because you don't have Test Director experience, even through they were struggling to find someone - stuuuupid.
        Last edited by SuperZ; 29 January 2010, 13:44.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
          A good tester would pick up enough of the Oracle stuff to get by with very quickly.
          If you don't know how to navigate the application, and don't know how to verify that the tests are correct, then you're not suitable. Simples.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
            A good tester would pick up enough of the Oracle stuff to get by with very quickly.

Go read the manuals and come back in 3 years.

Wilmslow you are probably struggling because I suspect that this is that crappy w1pro project with a supermarket chain that pays abysmal rates. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              why does a tester need oracle skills - do they have to write SQL? If so then its not functional testing shirley?

or do you mean Oracle Apps?
              Yes, Oracle Apps. One of those creppy situaitions with limited expertise around the site, so need someone who knows the screens to crack on with churning out the integration tests.

Could live with someone with a passing experience of EBS, provided they are of the sponge variety with the manual....... A lot to get through in a short time meaning a fairly specific skill-set is needed in this instance

Yes, the same project with the UAT lass in tears.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

Go read the manuals and come back in 3 years.

Wilmslow you are probably struggling because I suspect that this is that crappy w1pro project with a supermarket chain that pays abysmal rates. Good luck
                May have a point
                But if it requires 3 years of study to test, it should be covered by developer or unit testing as it is at that level . Hire the contractor to make sure the end product works fine, what the end users/client will use. Will the uses also need to study oracle manuals?
                Actually done Oracle stuff (forms) etc before. Back in my testing days I tested lots of stuff with no prior knowledge, as long as good folks are availble to call on, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                X