• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is my hair starting to curl?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my hair starting to curl?

Have been advised my role is to be permed. Thoughts?

Originally posted by DocP View Post
    Don't give up the day job.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I laughed 12 months ago when I was asked to go perm, 2 months later both me and the SDM that asked were both fired out. I'd snap their hands off these days.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Eeeeek

Are things really that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I laughed 12 months ago when I was asked to go perm, 2 months later both me and the SDM that asked were both fired out. I'd snap their hands off these days.
          Dude I thought you were in a contract now.

Comment

You're screwed.

Unless you find another contract. In which case you're not.

(Hint: we can't read minds; only you know your technical skills, business skills, preferred location, openness to travel, rate demands, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc...)
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
              Dude I thought you were in a contract now.
              It started on the 11th but was shelved on the 22nd due to arse and elbow communication issues.

It could restart at any time. The PM wants shooting IYAM.

Would have got a retainer in the good old days.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X