• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Singapore : salaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singapore : salaries

Yes, a perm position. Hard times.

An agent is pushing to put me forward for a systems management job at a bank in Singapore with 160,000 Singapore dollars 'base salary' - I've asked for more info on what that means.

IT is about 70 grand.

Does that strike you as a decent wedge ? I could probably get about 100K in London as a perm but don't like the town.

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
    Yes, a perm position. Hard times.

An agent is pushing to put me forward for a systems management job at a bank in Singapore with 160,000 Singapore dollars 'base salary' - I've asked for more info on what that means.

IT is about 70 grand.

Does that strike you as a decent wedge ? I could probably get about 100K in London as a perm but don't like the town.
    100k as perm! What do you do? (I want to do it too)

160K looks very good to me (based on 2001 singapore salary experience).
    You may want to have a look here too - http://www.salary.sg/2009/salary-survey/

There are 2 reports on avg salary in Singapore. Apparently the Hays's one is too high.

Comment

No idea on salary rates vs cost of living but

Many of the US/UK banks have started moving their high level (thus high paid) people to Singapore/Hong Kong due to some pretty stupid decisions by the respective governments to "punish" bankers via taxation rather than fix the problems with their banking systems, once those go mid level banking operations are likely to follow. So would be good to get there early

Governments are going to soon learn that there is no particular need in todays wired world for banks to based in London/NYC anymore

And if you don't like London, why not take an oportunity to get out, i would jump at a chance to get out of this at the moment, as long as i did not end up in somewhere worse

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
        Governments are going to soon learn that there is no particular need in todays wired world for banks to based in London/NYC anymore
        Because Singapore would stump up trillions of dollars in bailout cash to save their jobs and multi-billion dollar bonus pools.

Comment

The tax situation is much more advantageous in Singapore than the UK. I would post on the Singapore Ex-pat forum to get a good idea.

Waz

Comment

Working...
          X