• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client details

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client details

At what point in the process do you insist on being told who the client is?

If you ignore (temporarily) the issue of the Agency regulation and the point at which you are introduced to the client, is it reasonable for the agent not to tell you who the clent is, until such time as you have been offered an interview?

I have had this a couple of times now and I am a little concerned. In both cases the agent has refused point blank to reveal much more than the location. One of my concerns is that my CV will be put forward for the same role by multiple agents

Comments?
    Last edited by Mustang; 18 December 2009, 11:57.

You need to be told early on to avoid wasting everybody's time. I had agency recently trying to sell me into a place I'd just left. It was never going to be a runner due to clauses with previous agent.

Comment

To me, that usually indicates there is no role, possibly fishing for leads in the next call.

In my experience, the more reputable agencies will tell you who the client is.

The ones that do not appear to be the small fry agencies, using the secrecy route, as they don't actually have a role for you.

Comment

Some of these guys just won't tell you who the client is.

I did have one who would tell me the client, but as I'd worked there before wouldn't tell me who the manager was until I bagged the interview
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
        X