• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Decisions decision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions decision

Am in a permanent role now at a services company. However my role is pretty much that of a contractor at a client site without the benefits of a higher pay. I do have some other benefits such as pvt medical, leave etc but nothing that really adds to the wallet or makes me want to stick on.
    I've got a potential permanent opportunity and a potential contract opportunity and am in a quandry over how to select between the two.

The money as a contractor seems to be great with a Employee Benefit Trust scheme and is almost making me decide in favour of contracting. However some reviews on other posts seemed to suggest that its not completely legal or trustworthy. On the other hand, normal contractor umbrella's seem to show almost half the EBT take home pay.

Could anyone advise on whether the EBT solution is really trust worthy or if the only contracting option left is umbrella company where the take home is about 60/65% of the contract value as opposed to 85% under EBT. It would sure help me take a more informed decision.

Thanks in advance.
    D

Working...
X