• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Independent Business Associate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independent Business Associate

Hi All

I have a contact in a company that wants me to become an Independent Business Associate.

Basically wanting me to champion the cause of their company and try and sell in their service and products whenever I can during my daily routine.

I will be paid a commission on any billed sales.

My question is does anyone have experience of this and in particular have a Independent Business Associate contract example.

Thanks for any help.

It's called sales. And worst of all it's cold calling.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
      It's called sales. And worst of all it's cold calling.

J
      Hi J
      Will not be cold calling just making the introductions as and where I can. I should have said the company are people I know personally and have been invited to think about the associate status, let are only selecting a few from a large pool of resources they have at their disposal. The company its self do not cold call and will not expect associates to do so either, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by harryatkins View Post
        Hi J
        are only selecting a few from a large pool of resources they have at their disposal.
        sounds a bit corny - is it a good product/service? - the cost of selling & marketing are a big ££overhead for any company, your friends are minimising their exposure to these costs.... in addition, they're hoping you can pick up business without themselves getting involved in the tortuous effort in trying to gain new business.

You're doing them a favour not the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by stillooking View Post
          sounds a bit corny - is it a good product/service? - the cost of selling & marketing are a big ££overhead for any company, your friends are minimising their exposure to these costs.... in addition, they're hoping you can pick up business without themselves getting involved in the tortuous effort in trying to gain new business.

You're doing them a favour not the other way around
          The product and service is very good, however they are trying to expose new market sectors.

Using a professionally developed associate system, would easily give a company’s referral lead generation a terrific boost, greatly increasing their existing and new sales, credibility, customer satisfaction, loyalty, profit margin, long-term business growth and company value. The commission payments on the back of such leads could be substantial.

Comment

Originally posted by harryatkins View Post
            The product and service is very good, however they are trying to expose new market sectors.

Using a professionally developed associate system, would easily give a company’s referral lead generation a terrific boost, greatly increasing their existing and new sales, credibility, customer satisfaction, loyalty, profit margin, long-term business growth and company value. The commission payments on the back of such leads could be substantial.
            yip

Comment

I find the associate thing a load of old hooey frankly and I am doing it atm.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                I find the associate thing a load of old hooey frankly and I am doing it atm.
                atm?

Comment

at the moment?

Comment

Working...
                  X