• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much is axa/ppp private healthcare insurace worth?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is axa/ppp private healthcare insurace worth?

I am trying to compare a permie offer vs a contract one and one of the benefits for the permie variant is private healthcare.
    How much is that worth, that is how much is that (rather small) company paying to get one person covered? (it's a standard plan, I think, no extra dental or whatever bits)

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    I am trying to compare a permie offer vs a contract one and one of the benefits for the permie variant is private healthcare.
    How much is that worth, that is how much is that (rather small) company paying to get one person covered? (it's a standard plan, I think, no extra dental or whatever bits)
    Unfortunately there is no easy answer to this - it depends on your age, medical history, level of cover and excess.

Comment

Like everything, it depends. Your age, sex, amount of cover. £500 a year won't be far off, taxable of course.

Comment

My initial tendancy is to say "slightly more than the paper it's written on" but that's my general attitude to insurance.

To answer your question, does it really matter how much it actually costs. It's a case of how much it is worth to you - how much you would pay for it.

It's a bit like being offered a top of the range company car, whereas you are more than happy with 5 year old reliable machine, so it isn't worth as much to the person as the ticket price (not to mention being slaughtered on tax).

Comment

I pay £170 per month but that is for a family of 4. It wasn't the cheapest nor was it the most expensive.

Comment

why are you asking us? Get on the phone to the axa quote line and ask them for a quote. They've probably even got an online quote service for people who absolutely refuse to deal with anything other than the internet.

Comment

Its worth **** all when you're healthy.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Its worth **** all when you're healthy.
                Same with pet insurance, i always feel bad at the end of the year when i have to take a lump hammer to the cats to ensure i get my moneys worth.

Comment

Working...
                X