• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help! Anybody knows this agency?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcontracting View Post
    I still have to go and sign next week with them.
    The only thing I know so far is that they pay 4 weeks after invoicing
    I'll try to negotiate as you say...

But... is it likely that sometimes small agencies don't pay??

Sorry I am new to this contracting world
    Try and get a credit rating for the client company, if they have a record of say 3 months + payment, then you can guess that the payments to your agency will be about the same. Then you need to assess the financial standing of your agency to determine if you think that they will be able to pay you if client co dont pay.
    One of the common problems with small agencies is that they only have one or a few clients and if one of those gets into trouble or has a problem paying the agency, then there are likely to be problems paying the contractors as well.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by mcontracting View Post
      I still have to go and sign next week with them.
      The only thing I know so far is that they pay 4 weeks after invoicing
      I'll try to negotiate as you say...

But... is it likely that sometimes small agencies don't pay??

Sorry I am new to this contracting world
      We are probably scaring you unnecessarliy, I have always been paid in the end. It is just with small outfits, counsultancies or agencies, you often have to chase them and remind them that they owe you some money. I think it is often bad admin on their behalf but it is not unknown for them to have cash flow problems ! In a recession a few of them will go bust ! So be careful, but don't lose on what will probably be easy money by being too careful. If the job is in the bag with the client then you can play quite hard with the agent and try to get better payment terms.

Comment

OK thanks guys for your advice... I’ll try to do my best with the payment terms... If I don’t get nothing better, at the first moment that they have a delay on payment I’ll talk with the client and will change agency straight away!

Comment

Working...
        X