• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing umbrellas - contract query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing umbrellas - contract query

Hi everyone!

I'm considering switching to a different umbrella company and have asked my agency if this would be a problem. They have told me that it can only be done during contract renewal and at no other time.

Does this sound right? The contract has only just begun (4th day) and nothing has been billed or even logged in the time system yet. I have signed contracts etc and had the standard pressure to opt out.
    This was a 100% recommendation job - nobody introduced me, I approached both the agency and the umbrella.

Agency are fine, I'm simply considering changing the umbrella.

Any advice?
    Thanks!

x

Sounds reasonable - there is a B2B contract between the agency and the umbrella, and you are an employee of the umbrella.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

As in the restriction is reasonable? Your point makes sense. So technically if I resign from the umbrella (1 week notice) then the situation changes? Assuming that any clause about working fr the client/client's client etc are void.

Although I'm not sure I want it to get complicated so may just sit tight.

Thanks FAQ

Comment

Working...
      X