• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can I tell a manager at ClientCo 'Thanks but no thanks'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I tell a manager at ClientCo 'Thanks but no thanks'

My dilemma.

I am the lead wintel engineer on a large programme, with several underlying projects. I am currently working on 5 different projects in the programme, and last Friday, my other experienced colleague left. His replacement is a good engineer (and another contractor), but is obviously new to the project and will take a few weeks to really be up to speed.

As such, ClientCo manager has said he is putting another engineer on the project to assist us. Unfortunately, this engineer's knowledge can be written on a postage stamp with a crayon.

How can I tell ClietnCo manager thanks but no thanks?

Originally posted by adamv6 View Post
    My dilemma.

I am the lead wintel engineer on a large programme, with several underlying projects. I am currently working on 5 different projects in the programme, and last Friday, my other experienced colleague left. His replacement is a good engineer (and another contractor), but is obviously new to the project and will take a few weeks to really be up to speed.

As such, ClientCo manager has said he is putting another engineer on the project to assist us. Unfortunately, this engineer's knowledge can be written on a postage stamp with a crayon.

How can I tell ClietnCo manager thanks but no thanks?
    It might be difficult to refuse. Could you pair up the experienced one with the hazard, under the guise of showing the new guy the (project) ropes? It might keep him away from anything dangerous.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

What!?

You just tell him openly and honestly you cant do the job \ take on the extra workload because................and tell him why you cant or what your current workload is.

Our PM has steadily loaded us with more and more work so we eventually said 'sorry, no more!'

We told them why and he listened.

If you start flapping about and making stuff up, they'll just dump the stuff on you.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Well its better to say No in a nice way, tell them the consequences / risks of saying yes then when it all goes to pot you can tell them that you did point this out at the beginning.
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
        X