• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Second businesses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second businesses?

Hi,

My Ltd is registered as providing 'Computer Services' with Companies House. If I want to set up a couple of other business avenues can I do this from within my current Ltd or do I have to set up other Ltds?

I suppose it is no problem if the second business avenues are also computer related in some way but what if they are not? I mean, 'big' companies branch out into different avenues all the time so why can't I?

Secondly, what if I want set up a website using a different name but have any monies earned from it paid into my original business account - is this possiible, wise, good, bad?

Initially I am thinking of selling some bespoke PCs systems as a side-line to my consulting/contracting arm?

Thanks for any views and thoughts.

I am considering that same thing too...altho I am working in the computer service industry, but I am looking into some trading in garments/apparrels. Can I use the same ltd company??

Comment

If you have setup your company as a general trading company then you can create various trading names for the various ventures.
      This costs nothing and requires no registration. Talk to Companies House about it. They are very helpful.

Bear in mind that to avoid having to charge VAT on one of the businesses you might be better off with a new Ltd company altogether.

Finally, you need to get your bank account to accept cheques in the trading names and also have the REAL name of the company on all trading name literature.

Comment

Thanks oaksoft.

Comment

Working...
        X