• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time Spent Looking for new contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George Parr View Post
    I don't think that agents even bother to search online CVs these days. I have had no response at all from mine. If you were an agent why bother searching and calling up people who may not be interested, may not be available etc when they can post it on JobServe and get a hundred keen, benched and immediately available applicants within the hour?
    They certainly do call if you give them a reason to call. I got my current gig that way - didn't lift a finger to get it (was out cycling most of the time) and it's at a pre-recession rate with a blue chip.

I am finding that the key is to differentiate yourself on your CV from all the other hundreds (thousands?) of gig-less contractors out there. If you appear to be just one of the herd, you'll get treated like one.

Comment

9 to 4

Mostly its a 9 to 4 job for me depending on what else comes up during the day. Got firefox with 5 feeds and a liveclick plugin set to check every 15 mins usually has me talking to the recruiter first in the queue 9 times out of ten.

I agree with other posters tho your wife's attitude is appalling your trying to bring the bread home for her and presumably
      your family. If you dont have a family yet dont have one with her.

Comment

Working...
      X