• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Negotiating rate increase hints and tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negotiating rate increase hints and tips

Renewal coming up, client have said they are interested in doing so.

Have moved from doing BA to PM and they are giving me bigger projects to boot, so PM all the way from now on.

How do you go about negotiating a rate increase with the pimp?

It's not as if you want to stay at a BA rate if you're doing a PM job is it?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Renewal coming up, client have said they are interested in doing so.

Have moved from doing BA to PM and they are giving me bigger projects to boot, so PM all the way from now on.

How do you go about negotiating a rate increase with the pimp?

It's not as if you want to stay at a BA rate if you're doing a PM job is it?
    Tell the pimp your role has changed, that you have fulfilled the increased requirements at your original rate until now and forward your new rate expectations to them. They will probably ask you for a business case to back this up which they can forward to the client. Good luck

Comment

Ask for what you want ... you don't need to justify it. The other option is they get someone else to fill your post, who will need at least x numner of weeks to get up to speed ... and who may turn out to be a **** when they know you are good ... why is this so hard?

Comment

Congrats on the new role. As the others have said explain to the pimp that you are no longer functioning in your old capacity and need to renegotiate your rate accordingly.

That said I would not have thought a senior BA role and a junior PM role would have had significantly different rates. Secondly, to be an effective PM managing commercials, vendors, et al. is vital, discussions such as this need to become second nature, and you need to be good at them!

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by backlight View Post
          Congrats on the new role. As the others have said explain to the pimp that you are no longer functioning in your old capacity and need to renegotiate your rate accordingly.

That said I would not have thought a senior BA role and a junior PM role would have had significantly different rates. Secondly, to be an effective PM managing commercials, vendors, et al. is vital, discussions such as this need to become second nature, and you need to be good at them!

Good Luck!
          done pm type roles before in other contracts, took the first role offered after 8 months on the bench so ended up back on snr ba stuff and looks like one of the new projects i'll be given is pretty high profile.

Will wait and see.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
          X