• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent paying my invoices by cash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    Doesn't a BACS payment cost £20 or so? Maybe he has just worked out that by withdrawing and depositing cash he is saving that £20 EACH week to EAC contractor. It soons adds up. Very frugal!

DICLAIMER: I have no idea if any of this is ptrue or even remotely plausible.
    No, that's CHAPS. BACS normally is the cheapest option (free) ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
      Not all of them, just some from time to time ..

Should I be worried ? I do not understand where would he get cash in this type of business, he should receive all his payments from clients by BACS ..
      If he has other business interests which receive cash it is cheaper to pay it into your account than his (banks charge for cash deposits).

Comment

Have you asked him why he sometimes pays cash ?

Comment

Sounds Shaky !

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
            If he has other business interests which receive cash
            like car boot hot dog sales or you suggest he might be a real pimp ?

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
              Have you asked him why he sometimes pays cash ?
              No, just discovered it after analysing the fees summary document from my bank (still free banking, would cost me a significant amount otherwise)

Comment

It's not that ludicrous, a few years ago I had some subcon resources on a project, I found it easier to draw a big lump of cash out and pay the invoices. The book keeping wasn't at all tricky, just apportioned the withdrawal to the invoices.

There had been a couple of cockups from the bank previously and it was a guaranteed way to be sure the money was in their accounts on the promised dates and I had the BGC receipts.

Comment

Working...
                X