• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First contract interview since leaving last client on 10th July

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Nope... I was a bit rude in the interview... took me 3 hours to get there, and the interview was at 9am... so wasn't at my best.
    what did you say?

ive never understood this - regardless of time or tiredness - being pleasant and professional should come as second nature.

Comment

Am happy... but it's only a phone interview.... good enough for now...
      Congrats . Any interview at the moment is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        what did you say?

ive never understood this - regardless of time or tiredness - being pleasant and professional should come as second nature.
        He asked me a question, to which I started to answer it... he guess what I was about to say (which was an incorrect guess)... and I followed on to say something like... "If I were allowed to finish, I was going to say.... ". Maybe I shouldn't have said anything... but I never liked anyone interrupting my flow.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

He asked me a question, to which I started to answer it... he guess what I was about to say (which was an incorrect guess)... and I followed on to say something like... "If I were allowed to finish, I was going to say.... ". Maybe I shouldn't have said anything... but I never liked anyone interrupting my flow.

We've all done it. I had an interview for a role I really wanted but the two people interviewing me sat bickering with each other about the role and what it entailed making it impossible to slant my answers in any direction. So at one point I said "Maybe you should decide what you are really want first". At which point the icy stare from the main person confirmed I had sealed my fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Belle View Post
            We've all done it. I had an interview for a role I really wanted but the two people interviewing me sat bickering with each other about the role and what it entailed making it impossible to slant my answers in any direction. So at one point I said "Maybe you should decide what you are really want first". At which point the icy stare from the main person confirmed I had sealed my fate.
            They also assumed that I didn't get a renewal with my last Client... to which I told them that I did get a renewal, but turned it down. That could have done it too.

But I hate interviews where nobody knows what they want out of the role and person.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

They also assumed that I didn't get a renewal with my last Client... to which I told them that I did get a renewal, but turned it down. That could have done it too.

But I hate interviews where nobody knows what they want out of the role and person.
              Interview over in 10 minutes. I'm always concerned about interviews that last less than 30 minutes. I hope I get it and get of this damn bench...

Comment

Interview over in 10 minutes. I'm always concerned about interviews that last less than 30 minutes. I hope I get it and get of this damn bench...
                Don't be too concerned - Often the phone interview stage is just to make sure everyone is on the same page. That said - I have a guy who still works through my company at the moment, who had a 10 minute interview over the phone, and has now been on site for 18 months
                "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

I had very similar one I closed two years ago.

Last statement was "looks like I'll have to get you in here".

My response was "for a face-to-face?"

"no - for a contract" was his answer.

Just had a 5 minute one today also.

Niche market, interviewer is a permie but we worked at mostly the same companies with mostly the same people for roughly the same period of time.

He can read my CV and understand everything - quite quickly, the last statement was "I don't need to ask any more questions".

Barring their notoriously slow HR department, I expect an offer this afternoon or Friday latest.

My vetting for a city bank was completed Monday and in transit from Scotland to London.

I expect the timing to be very close and hopefully I can play them against each other.

The holiday silly time is over. September is always time to get back to business.

Comment

Working...
                  X