• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"We're looking for about 10-12 guys"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're looking for about 10-12 guys"

Is this ever frickin true? I always switch off at this point, assuming a CV gathering exercise!

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
    Is this ever frickin true? I always switch off at this point, assuming a CV gathering exercise!
    Hmmm .. that isn't connected to a large utility company by any chance??
    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

You could state that they are in breach of the sexual discrimination act by explicitly asking for guys.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Nah, I won't say anything. I'll get banned.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

For new projects where they need engineers/Dev's, yes

But if they say that for management level roles, never

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

You once placed a similar ad?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

My ears ***** up as the odds of getting in are good, I've been in this situation a few times and always got the gig.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Mostly its BS to get your attention - have seen it happen when infra support was coming back in house and no-one from the supplier wanted to work in a gov organisation.

Finding this the hardest time I've had in contracting (5yrs) to look for jobs, and the crap agents spout never ceases to amaze me! Another few weeks and I'm thinking of taking a permy position for a year or two to ride it out - just be a nice break from the tossers!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Would "Daisy chain" have featured?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If it's true, drop me a line!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X