• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project for a charity..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project for a charity..

Does anyone fancy a straightforward project for a charity? It wont pay much, but it's pretty easy, and is for a really good cause.

I've been suddenly made unavailable due to other commitments, and am looking for a replacement person to do it.

The charity has a website that is currently entirely database driven, but using Filemaker. This has proved expensive and difficult for them to find peple to change anything. The project therefore is a port of the site to a new ISP, and working under a new database. The database itself can be a lot simpler in the new version of the site, because so much functionality is not used anymore. I've suggested MySQL as it makes the monthly hosting fees less, and will do everything they need.

The site itself has a series of (18 I think) exercises for kids to do, e.g. press this button, type something here, watch this email arrive etc., with simple response pages. The database simply holds some basic details of the user, plus a record of which pages they've been to.

If anyone's interested, let please let me know.

Originally posted by gus
    It wont pay much...
    Yeah, the Charity Industry is always hard up: viz.

http://www.charityjob.co.uk/detailne...e=44816&bhcp=1

Comment

Cynical responses aside (!!), I've met with the people who work there, they work from a small budget, it's a small operation, and they do a fantastic job.

Comment

Working...
      X