• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broken promises...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some good guys out there as far as agencies go but it does piss me off when they aren't straight down the line. To some extent I don't even mind the probing because at the end of the day if I give them the odd name here and there it's in their interest to call me when something comes up and so long as I keep a good rep I guess I'm gonna be in with a chance.

Comment

How hard was the exam?

I did the v2, after the 2 day class. I got the impression you had to take the class.

Found the exam laughable. I reckon anyone sensible could have passed without even reading an ITIL book.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
        How hard was the exam?

I did the v2, after the 2 day class. I got the impression you had to take the class.

Found the exam laughable. I reckon anyone sensible could have passed without even reading an ITIL book.
        I passed the ITIL v2 Foundation by Thomson Prometric after reading up using just Wikipedia and the links from there. I found it quite straightforward, mostly. There are the ITIL-specific jargon terms which need learning but the rest is easy.

(I did it so I could enrol on a capacity planning course which was then cancelled forever as ITIL v3 was announced.)
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
          How hard was the exam?

Exam was pretty straight forward.. I'd say anyone who's worked in an ITIL setup previously will find it far easier as they can relate practice to theory.. certainly no harder than PRINCE2 etc..

What gets me though is if you did v2 you could do just a foundation then practitioner course and be "ITIL practitioner" (just like PRINCE2)... now in v3 they've split up the practitioner levels into 10 different modules which you can only get by doing an accredited training course (i.e. no self study)... just roughly that's like £10k+ worth of training if you did them all..

What also gets me is the lack of understanding the clients have with ITIL.. they ask for someone "ITIL certified"... but never seem to state what level, or what speciality (v3 etc)... so it seems good enough to get foundation then go "Yep, I'm ITIL certified"...
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
          X