• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abbey Protection PLC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbey Protection PLC

Does anybody have any policies with Abbey Legal Protection http://www.abbeylegal.com/default.asp ?

I was just wondering if they are any good?
    threenine.co.uk
    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

This link appears to be for employment protection insurance. Unless you have employees working for your company it may not be applicable.

If you are referring to the Abbey Tax Investigation insurance then PCG offer this as part of their memberships, some other people such as accountants may include this as part of their fee.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PhilAtBFCA View Post
      This link appears to be for employment protection insurance. Unless you have employees working for your company it may not be applicable.

If you are referring to the Abbey Tax Investigation insurance then PCG offer this as part of their memberships, some other people such as accountants may include this as part of their fee.

Phil
      This raises the question of how contractors can insure against loss of earnings. Are there any policies out there Whig pay out in the event your contract is terminated early

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMcadden1 View Post
        This raises the question of how contractors can insure against loss of earnings. Are there any policies out there Whig pay out in the event your contract is terminated early
        Most contractors self insure by amassing a 'war chest' during good times. An unemployed con can also get JSA. He has to fire himself from his Ltd to do this.

Comment

There are policies out there which protect against prolonged bench time. I had a policy (around 10 yrs ago) which paid £3k per month after 4 weeks bench time for up to a yr, then you were on your own. This cost about £60 per month at the time. I cancelled it as i never used it. You didnt need to fire yourself or dissolve your company and it was fully claimable on expenses. It was through my FA so you may be able to find it cheaper if you look around.

You dont need to fire yourself from your company to get JSA either. You are entitled to it from the day your contract expires to the day you start the next one. It does take a while to get through all the red tape though.
          Last edited by Mailman_1; 10 August 2009, 13:29. Reason: JSA

Comment

Working...
          X