• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Refrence for going permanet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refrence for going permanet

I have been out of a job for the last 7 months prior to that I was contracting. Now I have accepted a permanent job in banking. As part of the pre employment screening I have to provide them with reference. What do I need to put down my client or the agency? The client manger no longer works there.

Either

Comment

If you want to post your new manager's name and phone number here, I'll ring him up and find out for you if you like.

hth

tl

Comment

Originally posted by darkforce View Post
        I have been out of a job for the last 7 months prior to that I was contracting. Now I have accepted a permanent job in banking. As part of the pre employment screening I have to provide them with reference. What do I need to put down my client or the agency? The client manger no longer works there.
        The client, not the agency.

I've been in a similar position several times, although as a contractor, not a permie. Most of the projects I work on have a contract PM, so he's out the door at the end of the project just like me. Makes using those people as a reference kinda difficult!

I just pick someone from any prior job I have done. Fortunately, I have two people I've worked with who always give me good references (in fact one is a contractor, and I've returned the favour by giving him a good reference several times.)

My last gig was a bank, and the initially they got a bit shirty that the references I gave weren't from my previous role. I simply stuck to my guns, telling them I would only ever give them names of referees I could trust. They shut up about it after that, and everything went OK.

Nomadd
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Is permanet a new ISP?

Comment

Originally posted by DogTown View Post
            Is permanet a new ISP?
            It's a device worn at night to make your hair curly.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DogTown View Post
              Is permanet a new ISP?
              No, it's the Permie version of Skynet, without the Terminators. Just try to imagine being hunted down by a horde of deranged permies. ...Mind you, that sounds like most of my contracts!

Nomadd
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
              X