• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Yep, see it all the time these days. Just fire them a note back saying it's OK for them to represent you. However...

If you get contacted by any other agents over the same role, ALWAYS get them to check with the client first that your cv has been submitted; if it hasn't, let the other agency send it in. Too many agents CLAIMING they've sent cv's these days - and using these silly emails as "proof" and doing no such thing. Bascially, trust no-one.

Nomadd
    Be careful with this. If you ask the second agent to check with the client that your CV has already been submitted to the client, then you are at risk of being bad-mouthed by the second agent, reducing your chances of getting the role.
    Why? Because the second agent knows he is not going to gain any commission from placing you at the client if your CV has already been submitted (that commission would go to the first agent). The second agent will likely have another candidate to try to place instead, and the chances of this are enhanced by the agent bad-mouthing you to the client because this is eliminating the competition.

Often best to say nothing or feign disinterest when approached by an agent for a role where you have (or should have) already been submitted to the client.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      Often best to say nothing or feign disinterest when approached by an agent for a role where you have (or should have) already been submitted to the client.
      I agree. I pick an agent and hope that they have genuienly put me forward and then appear uninterested if another agent calls about it. I would not encourage a situation where agents are comparing notes with each other or where an agent thinks you are in the selection process but not to their potential benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        Be careful with this. If you ask the second agent to check with the client that your CV has already been submitted to the client, then you are at risk of being bad-mouthed by the second agent, reducing your chances of getting the role.
        Why? Because the second agent knows he is not going to gain any commission from placing you at the client if your CV has already been submitted (that commission would go to the first agent). The second agent will likely have another candidate to try to place instead, and the chances of this are enhanced by the agent bad-mouthing you to the client because this is eliminating the competition.

WHS.

You are just opening yourself up to the second agent bombing you out the the client unless the second agent is someone you have had a working relationship with in the past.

Yes, I've once definitely found an agent who said they'd submitted me (LA Int, wont touch them now) but hadnt.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
        X